Countertops in the kitchen have become popular among many homeowners in recent times. From creating a chic look to easy maintenance, they have become a hot favorite among kitchen-style ideas.
However, customers are unaware of the wide variety of options available for choosing a countertop material. Some agencies specialize in customized countertop solutions for their clients.
Canadian firms have come up with exciting countertop solutions. For example, countertops from Granite au Sommet are available in stone and ceramic variants to choose from.
This article takes you through the various benefits of kitchen countertops and explores the different types available.
Let us begin!
Benefits of kitchen countertops
Kitchen countertops are stylized surfaces in the kitchen. They bring many benefits to your kitchen workspace.
- Easy maintenance – cleaning surfaces becomes easy.
- Durability – stone surfaces last longer.
- Aesthetics- Various patterns and colors are available to style your kitchen.
Raw materials commonly used for kitchen countertops
Many raw materials can be used for countertops. Let us explore some of them.
- Laminates: They are made up of nonporous acrylic. They come in a wide range of colors and patterns making them the best budget option for many homeowners. The drawback with laminates is that they peel off after prolonged use.
- Tiles: Tile countertops are affordable and give the option of a chic retro look. They are very heat resistant and can handle hot pans and plates. The drawback is that they require re-grouting to stay.
- Quartz: Quartz countertops come mixed with polymers and resins for durability. Quartz requires no sealing or polishing and is very durable. The drawback is that it is not very heat resistant.
- Terrazzo: It is a composite of chips of marble, quartz, granite, and others in a chemical resin cast. It is considered a timeless trend that can extend from countertop to floor. It is a trendy option that is cheaper than marble.
- Wood: It is a classic countertop option. They are easy to source from manufacturers. Sealing them ensures durability. The drawback is that they wear down after a while.
How to choose a countertop material?
Choosing the right countertop depends on various parameters like
- Size and shape of the material and its suitability to kitchen use.
- Color and design of the material.
- Ease of maintenance
Kitchen countertops are as much a maintenance issue as a style statement. So choose a countertop material and design that suits your taste and makes your kitchen organized and chic.